VM Lifecycle ManagementVirtual Machine (VM) Lifecycle Management for VMware, Microsoft Hyper-v and Citrix Xen
Better Lifecycle Management and Control enables an Optimized Virtual Environment
Virtualization Lifecycle Management is about the management and control of virtual machines throughout their lifecycle –which done correctly, adjusts for the uniqueness of the virtual server and ensures better control of the virtual environment.
Virtual Machine Lifecycle Management Tools help manage the creation, operation and decommissioning of virtual machines in compliance with company policies and standards. These tools attempt to control virtual machine sprawl by showing virtual machine ownership, when a VM was requested, who approved it, where it is deployed, how long it has been in operation and when it is scheduled to be decommissioned. The tools give IT managers and virtual systems administrators the ability to measure and chargeback the use of virtual machines to individual departments.
Virtual Machine (VM) Lifecycle Management Tools generally feature:
• Service Catalogs - Standardize VM deployments across the organization, establish a consistent provisioning process and reduce administrative overhead from bringing rogue or poorly configured VM’s back into compliance with company IT standards
• Task Automation - Automate routine VM lifecycle management tasks
• Role-based web portals
• Business policy engine
• Virtual asset repositories
• Server farm and host details
• Real-time and historical monitoring
• Alarms, alerts and dynamic actions
• On demand & scheduled virtual environment management reports
Research, Compare, & Download Systems Management Software
Webmasters.org allows anyone to research infrastructure software by category or vendor. View detailed comparative information on products in any category and instantly download free trials of the products that interest you.